• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That time again, what are you listening too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suerte

B000231UB8.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000293NQW.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Suerte said:

Two questions:
1. Is this even out in the U.S.?
2. I heard the single ("Deepest Blue")...is the rest of the CD any good?

As to what I'm listening to these days, I just discovered Liquid Radio Live, which is nothing but unsigned bands. Nothing experimental here, all pretty much rock-based, but not bad. Some good hooks, melodies, and songwriting.

Also....
B00009QGF2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000002NB7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0000A5A0K.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Suerte

mightynine said:
Two questions:
1. Is this even out in the U.S.?
2. I heard the single ("Deepest Blue")...is the rest of the CD any good?

I don't think it's out in the U.S. but the CD is pretty good, although there are only another two or so singles in the same style of "Deepest Blue" most of the album is pretty mellow actually. IMO the best track on the album is "Give It Away"

Sonic Youth - Sonic Nurse
PJ Harvey - Uh Huh Her
Black Keys - thickfreakness
Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans
Broken Social Scene - YOu Forgot it in People
Wilco - Summer Teeth
Belle & Sebastian - Dear Catastrophe Waitress

Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
Hall and Oates - Maneater
Hall and Oates - I can't go for that
Beatles - Hey Bulldog
Beatles - And I love her
Beatles - Real love
Beatles - Dear Prudence
Beatles - Elenaor Rigby
Beatles - While my guitar gently weeps
Beatles - You never give me your money
N-E-R-D - Am I high?

Vicious

B000000W6R.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

All Pumpkins, all the time.

I've become re-addicted to Pisces Iscariot. "Hello Kitty Kat" is just a musical orgy inside your ears.

Mason

Can we just sticky a "Check out this band" topic so we can quit having a what are you listening to thread everyday? Seriously, it's almost a daily thing now, whenever someone wants to show off some great new underground band they just found. STICKY

Suerte

Mason said:
Can we just sticky a "Check out this band" topic so we can quit having a what are you listening to thread everyday? Seriously, it's almost a daily thing now, whenever someone wants to show off some great new underground band they just found. STICKY

I agree, we need a stickied music thread stat!

MrAngryFace said:
MightyNine: Awesome BNL CD, probably their best to be honest.

Quite possibly. I had lost it years ago, and the other day I was listening to their greatest hits CD which has the live version of "What A Good Boy" on it. I decided I'd been without it long enough, and it's been in constant rotation ever since. "When I Fall" is just a great song.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
A stickied music thread would be a fucking mess. I much prefer this way. Then we can all show off how cool we are even better!!!!!

Sonic Youth - Washing Machine
The Icarus Line - Penance Soiree
The Robot Ate Me - On Vacation
Racebannon - Satan's Kickin Yr Dick In
Rjd2 - Deadringer
Les Savy Fav - Go Forth
Kool Keith - Sex Style

Mason

Lambtron said:
A stickied music thread would be a fucking mess. I much prefer this way. Then we can all show off how cool we are even better!!!!!

No, it would have to be deleted and restarted like every 2 weeks. That would work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom